Address: Budapest, VI. Liszt Ferenc square 2.
Postal address: H-1368 Budapest, P.O. Box 186.
The Society helps to enrich private numismatic collections with the cooperation of approximately 4000 members and several thousend amateur supporters. In this way, it contributes to the saving of national values, as well as to the enlargement of public collections.
The services of our Society which are compatible with its activity can be used by anybody, in addition to its members.
The fundamental aim of the Society is to promote the creation of a Hungarian Medal Cabinet and to support the presentation of this Cabinet as a public collection.
- The Society concentrates those who are interested in numismatics and organizes the activity of the collectors.
- It increases the specific knowledge of collectors by its literary publications.
- It increases public collections.
- It popularizes numismatic activity.
The tasks of the Society:
- Concentration of scientific research and work, and their publication.
- Propagation of numismatic knowledge.
- Protection of the cultural heritage.
- Extension of cultural activity.
The Society is of a national character. To realize its aims and tasks, it accomplishes the following activities:
- It publishes a periodical of scientific character entitled “Az Érem” (“Coins and Medals”).
- It forwards a publication to its members about the life of the Society.
- It organizes lectures, exhibitions and meetings to disseminate numismatic knowledge.
- It helps to enrich collections by organizing coin and medal fairs.
- It helps to get foreign numismatic literature, and to disseminate it.
- It maintains a central library.
- It produces and issues commemorative coins.
- It spreads commemorative and regular coins emitted by the state organizations, among the collectors and interested persons.
The member of the Society can be every Hungarian citizen with a clean record, as well as foreign citizens who accept the statutes and other stipulations and comply with them. The members have to pay the yearly dues till February, every year.
The Society has a Central Office, and it has a cooperation with regional organizations and local groups.